Monday, May 2, 2011

Huffington Post Bans Commenters For Questioning Official Story of Bin Laden Death

Huffington Post Bans Commenters For Questioning Official Story of Bin Laden Death

The Slog
Monday, May 2, 2011

After comment-threading at Huffpost this afternoon about the range of inconsistencies between the White House account of the anti-Bin Laden operation and what appear to be the facts, this little message greeted me when I went to leave a link to tonight’s piece there an hour ago:

Huffington Post Bans Commenters For Questioning Official Story of Bin Laden Death

Post a comment

Sorry, but you have been banned from commenting.

There was nothing obscene, hateful or libellous in what I wrote. Just a comment saying how come helicopters fell out of the sky but no Navy seals died; and by the way where does it say in the Q’ran that Muslims should be buried at sea.

Two weeks ago, a threader here told me to ‘expect more censorship now Arianna has sold out to the right-wing AOL mavericks’. Oh how I laughed then. Oh how silly I feel now….especially given this post from a couple of days ago:

http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/stop-moaning-and-demand-the-right-to-complain/

So, it looks like the Democrats have caught the Guardian disease.

I believe Bin Laden is dead. But I also believe we are being fed a stream of bollocks about who knew what, and when. I believe it is my right in a liberal democratic society and a free Web to post about it. Clearly, I’m mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment