Tuesday, January 24, 2012

GINGRICH SUPPORTED GOLDWATER? NEWT HELPED REAGAN END THE COLD WAR?


Said Newt Gingrich tonight:
“I went to a Goldwater organizing session in 1964. I met with Ronald Reagan for the first time in 1974. I worked with Jack Kemp, and Art Laffer and others to develop supply side economics in the late ’70s. I helped Governor Reagan become President Reagan. I helped pass the Reagan economic program and worked with the National Security Council on issues including the collapse of the Soviet Empire…”
Said Gingrich before:
On Reagan’s decision to meet with Mikhail Gorbachev, Salon’s Glenn Greenwald notes:
“Newt Gingrich… denounced President Reagan’s rapprochement with Gorbachev in 1985 as potentially “the most dangerous summit for the West since Adolf Hitler met with Chamberlain in 1938 at Munich.”

No comments:

Post a Comment